With the large influx of new Bitcoiners I thought I would share some basic security measures. Please feel free to add your input and suggest others!
- Never Share your recovery phrase with anyone!!!!
- Place your recovery phrase in a secure place
- Use a hardware wallet (not your keys not your coin)
- Don't expose how much Bitcoin you have… to anyone
- Never invest more than you can afford to lose
- Always review the address you are sending bitcoin to (your clipboard could be compromised)
- Continuously educate yourself on why you are buying/have bought Bitcoin.
This is a brief overview of how you can be more secure. If you have any questions on the above bullet points, please feel free to ask for clarification!
-The Bitcoin Dude