I am new to Monero but after reading a bunch this past week I am excited. I am trying to get myself all setup but have a few remaining questions I am struggling with. In no particular order:
- Why does it take so long to do the initial blockchain sync? I am on hour 18+ and only have 32% synced. I downloaded the blockchain.raw from getmonero.org and it only took 15-20 minutes.
- A few times I have received the error "could not allocate memory" and had to restart the daemon (adding to the slow sync). I am using the blocklist and see hosts being blocked in the log, but I thought 0.17.1.9 fixed this?
- What is the benefit to doing a slow sync when I can import manually?
- I understand the logic of your IP leaking when using a remote daemon you don't control – but if the transactions are obfuscated how would the remote daemon know anything besides your IP address? Doesn't running a full note reveal your IP anyway?
- If I set up my own remote daemon on a seedbox so I don't need my local GUI running 24/7 are there any additional privacy steps to take? Would the seedbox operator have any ability to capture any transaction data?
- Thoughts on ciphertrace claiming they can trace Monero transactions?