I recently got two of these scam matches in just one day in UK. I know it's been going on for a while and mentioned before but it seems more rampant than ever these days, hence this post. The pattern:
- Pretty Asian girl in her late 20s, early 30s
- She says she's currently looking for friends, not love or ONS => you won't flirt too much but talk about all kinds of things
- She in/near your city but is currently visiting family for a few weeks/months => you can't meet her in person
- She quickly wants to move on to Whatsapp
- I matched bots before but here it appeared to be 'real' humans behind the messages
For over a week, we've been talking normal things, food, hobbies, what books you like reading. She sent me pics of her meals and selfies, all looked legit. She kept asking "what are you doing today" every day, once I mentioned Bitcoin and she boasted she made 21 BTC. She offered to help me make some quick money, finally she sent me some images/download links which I obviously didn't click.
I might have been bit naive but I'm sure I'm not the only one, so stay safe guys 😀