I've seen a lot of incorrect information on the restrictions on Monero in Australia. As a resident, let me give it to you straight:
- You can legally buy, sell and transact with Monero in Australia and must pay CGT upon disposal, just like with company shares.
- You can buy, sell, deposit, withdraw Monero on Binance Australia, provided that you don't link a bank account for direct transfer of AUD.
- You can buy with a card on Binance or buy LTC on another exchange (any method) and send that to Binance to exchange for XMR.
- To sell, you can deposit to Binance and exchange for LTC, then transfer that to eg. Coinspot to convert to AUD for withdrawal.
- If you have a spouse (that you trust) one of you can have the bank account linked profile and the other the non-linked profile, to make it even smoother.