The next hard fork is starting to shape up. Check out the discussion on Github.
Primary features included
- Ring-size increase from 11 to 16 (Pending PR)
- View tags (Add view tags to outputs to reduce wallet scanning time monero#8061)
- Fee changes from @arcticmine (Fee changes from ArticMine monero#7819)
- Bulletproofs+ (Bulletproof+ by sarang, tied to consensus monero#7170)
- Output binning changes by @jberman (may not require HF)
- Multisig refactor and vulnerability fix (may not require HF)
- Daemon connection fixes (does not require HF)
As we still have some planning to do, including actually setting dates and finalizing key features, this is very loose. However, the tentative plan would be an early Spring hard-fork, i.e. February or March of 2022.
- Code freeze: 60d prior to hard-fork date
- Release date: 30d prior to hard-fork date
Looking forward to hearing actual dev feedback on this plan.