The announcement that Kraken UK will stop allowing XMR trading from Nov 26 may come as a blow to those in the UK who relied on it as a fiat on-ramp + off-ramp.
However, it's worth noting that Binance.com currently offers XMR trading and allows the deposits and withdrawals of GBP.
Specifically, these are the costs/methods:
- Deposits – card only – 1.8% fee (see screenshot example: https://ibb.co/SnFPmqY)
- Withdrawals – card only – 1% fee (see screenshot example: https://ibb.co/T2ttJcp)
Things to acknowledge:
- Yes, deposits and withdrawals are more expensive than Kraken offered
- Binance may not be everyone's favorite exchange, and for some the idea of KYC Monero is a non-starter – however it's useful to know what options continue to exist for UK users.
- Unclear how long this will last, as Binance has a lot of issues dealing with regulators, but it exists for now